Here are a few simple things you can do to help ensure that your devices are working for you, rather than the other way around:
- Remember that your computer isn't yours (a)
- Relentlessly prune bullshit (a)
- Filter newsletters out of your inbox
- If you use Gmail, install Inbox When Ready
- Use a password manager – I like 1Password
- If you use Twitter (and you should), install Twemex and the Demetricator
- Set your Twitter feed to "Following" rather than "For you"
- Some notes on getting started with Twitter
- If you use ChatGPT (and you should), turn off your chat history
- Try RescueTime
- Try one sec
- Check out these other browser extensions
- Try your phone on grayscale
Each of these takes about 10 minutes to set up and test out.
Once you land on a configuration that suits, you'll save an enormous amount of time & energy!